TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - We are going into our fifth race in December...
People Seeking Info

Subject We are going into our fifth race in December...

Posted by CameronSF on November 01, 2014 at 12:55 PM
  This message has been viewed 150 times.

In Reply To Great recap dude! posted by megaDan on October 31, 2014 at 09:51 AM

Message ....up at Sonoma which apparently is the most popular track in the series. (half the teams get wait listed) Racing the big boat isn't too bad...we pretty much get owned on most of the corners (you can see 3 series bmw's and miata's passing us on the outside of corners regularly) driving a big heavy car with a solid rear axle. However, the car is a beast and is extremely low-tech - big displacement and not overly tuned so we spend more time driving than wrenching which is really our goal. The biggest part is just getting seat time even if it is rolling 4000 lbs over from corner to corner. This also helps when the next round of noobs come out and we get caught up in contact. Any time that happens we can just hit it with a hammer and move on when smaller cars may get dinged up.
If we were really out to win I'm sure we would get serious and competitive with tuning the car or switching to a faster chassis. However, my buddy and I are the primary team members and we both have families and work a fair amount so don't want to wipe our our whole life trying to win a $500 race. We get put in A class every time...dunno if it's because of displacement or we turn decent lap times but that pretty much puts us out of contention against teams like Cerveza Racing who have 4 really fast drivers and rebuild their E30 every race. Either way we have a great time and definitely plan on doing it into the foreseeable future.

Long live the Queen Vic!

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.